Hormone Yoga Therapy (HYT) for women is a natural and holistic method created by Brazilian psychologist and Yoga Therapist, Dinah Rodrigues. HYT is a dynamic form of Yoga Therapy, whereby the objective is to reactivate in a natural way the hormone production of the endocrine glands of women: ovaries, thyroid, pituitary gland and adrenals. HYT combines elements of classical Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Tibetan energy circulation techniques.
HYT consists of a special series of dynamic yoga exercises (asanas) to reactivate hormone production and, as a consequence, it eliminates most symptoms of hormonal imbalances. Asanas are accompanied by intense breathing techniques (pranayama), concentration, visualization and relaxation (Yoga Nidra). Regular practice helps to harmonize the hormonal system and consequently eliminate the symptoms of low hormone levels.
In this 2 day workshop, you will learn a series of HYT techniques to enable you to do your own home practice. A handout will be provided outlining the series. Once learned, daily practice takes approximately 30 minutes. HYT exercises are very simple and suitable for everyone, and leave you feeling rejuvenated and energetic. No previous yoga experience is needed.
Hormone Yoga Therapy is recommended for
- Women from 35 years of age as a preventative therapy, due to the decreasing ovarian activity and an associated gradual decrease in hormone production of the two main female hormones: estrogen and progesterone.
- Women of all ages with symptoms of low hormones: difficulty achieving pregnancy; polycystic ovaries; menstrual disorders; premenstrual stress syndrome (PMS); ovarian cysts and premature menopause.
- Middle-aged women who wish to eliminate or alleviate the unpleasant symptoms of the onset of menopause, such as hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats, emotional instability, depression, headaches, difficulty concentrating, remembering, decreased libido, etc.
If you have experienced or are experiencing any of the following, please consult with you doctor before joining HYT classes:
- Breast cancer (hormone dependent, before or after surgery); after breast cancer surgery (not hormone dependent) medical permission
- Currently pregnant
- Untreated Advanced Endometriosis (medical permission needed)
- Large Myomas (medical permission needed)
- Non-Diagnosed Abdominal Pain
- After Heart Surgery (medical permission needed)
- Advanced Osteoporosis
- Labyrinthitis (inflammation of the inner ear) – Vertigo
Date & Time
Saturday, September 7th: 1:30 – 4:15 pm
Sunday, September 8th: 1:30 – 6:30 pm
About the Teacher
Meet Corinne McNally, Hormone Yoga Teacher.
Corinne is trained and certified in Hormone Yoga Therapy for Women by the creator of the method, Dinah Rodrigues. Hormone Yoga Therapy (HYT) is very popular in Brazil and Europe, particularly in the Czech Republic and is slowly gaining popularity in Canada. Corinne is one of few teachers certified to teach in Canada.
Corinne has been a student of yoga for most of her life and teaching yoga since 2006. She completed her 500-hour teacher training in 2009 at the Anand Prakash Ashram in Rishikesh, India with Yogrishi Vishvketu. Her teaching methods imbue humour, honesty, sincerity and an open heart. Corinne also is a Birth Doula, having attended births over a span of thirty years.
Corinne lives in Edmonton, and she is currently travelling across Canada, bringing awareness and sharing this amazing method to balance hormones. She is excited to be offering the workshop at Lotus Yoga Centre.