This event is sold out, but we can add your name to a waiting list for future programs with Don Conreaux in Canada. Contact [email protected] to be on an event mailing list.
Gong Yoga of Holistic Resonance is a sound healing system integrating the Way of Gong. Join this 3-day training to learn yoga exercises in combination with Gong that target meridians (energy lines), muscles, and emotions in order to provide pain relief and release stagnant energies.
Gong Yoga of Holistic Resonance is a system that consists of 39 simple exercises. In skillful balance of simplicity and complexity, each exercise employs targeted muscles and energy lines. Exercises are combined with breathing, body locks, and the sounds of the Gong. These exercises with Gong are suitable for any level and body-ability. Everyone is welcome. You do not need to have a Gong to attend. If you have an interest in Sacred Sound, this training is for you. It is important. You are a Gong!
3-Day Training Curriculum Content
- Origin, history, and usage of Gong
- Philosophy and Science of Gong Holistic Resonance
- Code of Ethics of Gong players and masters
- Gong playing: hung (on a stand) Gong techniques and hand-held Gong techniques
- In-depth practice of MEM (Meridian-Energy-Muscle) Gong Yoga: understanding vibration and connections to the meridians, muscles, and emotions
- Group interaction, practice facilitating MEM Gong Yoga and receiving feedback
- Gong consciousness and the importance of ‘seva’ (service to the world)
- Introductions to topics as time permits: Shruti box to free your voice and mantra chanting using Sacred Tone Improvisation; incorporating the skilful use of Himalayan singing bowls and other instruments to complement the Gong; Tratakam Mirror (8 Corners of Heaven) Gong healing and meditation; Starhenge and the Chiometer
Who is invited to attend:
- Yogis, Sound Therapists, Healers, Aroma Therapists, Yoga Teachers: Join to learn how to provide completeness of life for yourself and your clients. Gong is the most powerful healing tool to deepen the dimensions of healing.
- Artists and Designers: Allow the Gong to become your guide to unleash your creativity, express with courage, and manifest truth, kindness, and beauty. Being attuned to the sacred Gong enhances your artistic expressions. The Gong becomes your muse.
- Musicians: Immerse into the flow of sound, and feel that YOU are the flow of sound. You will enjoy the different layers of overtones of the holistic Gong. You become the instrument, and the Gong is the musician. It plays you.
- Kundalini Yoga Teachers: Learn how to create the sounds of angels and God, to elevate your sensitivity and to become a conscious person. Learn Gong playing techniques (striking, rhythms, and zones) to help your students strengthen the nervous system, glandular systems, clear the subconscious mind, relieve stress, and allow deep relaxation.
- You…yes You!: If you are drawn to Sacred Sounds, and if you simply would like to help yourself or your loved ones to relief emotional and mental stress, or ease physical pain, allow the Gong to help. It is a healer.
Date & Time
Friday February 8th – Sunday February 10th, 2019
Starts on Friday at 1:00 pm
The training will be hosted in downtown Toronto, near Bathurst and College. Once you’ve registered, reach out to [email protected] for the full address.
- The price excludes transportation, meals, and accommodation fee. A delicious vegan meal option will be offered in January.
- Attendees do not need a Gong to participant. You can, if inspired, buy a Gong through help of SA Bliss (Amardeep). She is a Paiste and Meinl Gong Distributor.
- Although not necessary, please bring an instrument, if you are inspired to do so.
- The Class Content list is just for reference. Master Don will adjust based on students’ abilities and needs.
- We sincerely invite Don’s previous students to get continuously inspiration from the Master and keep growing and strengthening skills, letting your Gong art constantly blossom.
- Having trouble booking? Once sold out, we can add your name to a waiting list for future programs with Don Conreaux in Canada. Contact [email protected] to be on an event mailing list.
About the Teacher
Don Conreaux, formerly known as Baba Don and Guru Jagat, holds 2 degrees in Theater Arts. In his early years, Don received his Kriya Yoga Initiation in Los Angeles in 1952 while studying the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda at the Self Realization Fellowship. Master Don was one of the five original Kundalini Yoga Teachers designated by Yogi Bhajan in 1969. He established the Nanak Dwara Ashram Teacher Training 1970-1976 in Phoenix, Arizona. Don also studied the Gong writings of Dan Rudhyar. Since 1985, based on the human body meridian system, he started to teach Gong Yoga, an ascetic practice to heal the body and emotional stagnancy as well as rejuvenate youth and vitality. Don currently conducts trainings internationally. His 2018 schedule included 14 countries: China, Argentina, England, Germany, Italy, Croatia, Serbia, Greece, France, Canada, the United States, Spain, India, and Saudi Arabia. His work and creations include the following:
- Concerts for World Peace, in conjunctions with myriad artists
- Gong Yoga of Holistic Resonance
- Creator of Gong Baths, Gong Healing, and Gong Puja (all-night Gong)
- Starhenge Stone Circle, World Peace Bell, and Gong Gardens around the world
- Gong music albums
- Books: Gongs of Our Solar System, Magnum Opus of the Gong I, II, II, Music of Wholeness, The Gong Essays, Sacred Geometry of Starhenge, The Chiometer, and The Kriya Kundalini Gong Yoga Manual
About the Host
Gong Sound Space events are organized by S.A. Bliss (Amardeep) to promote holistic resonant health for body, mind, and soul with Gong, Singing Bowls, Chanting, Mantra, Shruti, meditation, and different forms of improvised and curated experiences.
Initially, it was a collaboration with Gong Master Don Conreaux to bring the first Gong Training to Canada in Summer 2018. As Don would say, ‘Woohoo!’ and his summer students wanted him back to learn more of the Way of Gong.
Gong Sound Space collaborates with local and international healers to spread the word and world of Gong. The mission is to practice, facilitate, teach, and allow Gong and its healing to happen naturally and effectively.
Thank you for your interest in Gong Sound. It is important. As Don says, “You are a Gong. I am a Gong.”