Want to learn the art, techniques, and philosophy of Gong playing?
Join Gong Journeywoman, SA Bliss (Amardeep), who has trained with Gong Master Don Conreaux in 3 countries, for a 4-hour introductory Gong training to explore both theory and practice of the holistic sounds of Gong. Training Includes:
- Copy of Holistic Resonance Handbook by Gong Sound Space (SA Bliss) with teachings from Grand Gong Master Don Conreaux, Yogi Bhajan, and other Gong and sound practitioners.
- Learning the Universal Agreement / Greeting
- Approaching the Gong, choosing a Gong – symphonic or planetary
- Theory and practice of how your body is a Gong
- Introduction to holistic resonance
- Benefits of Gong and holistic sound
- Contemplative Assumptions from Magnum Opus of the Gong Volume I, by Don Conreaux
- Gong strokes (hung in stand as well as hand held Gong strokes)
- Opportunity to play Gongs
- Deepen your understanding of how sound plays a powerful part in everyday life
You do not need a Gong to attend this training. If you have one, please bring it! No experience is necessary. Beginners are welcome. If you have some Gong experience, you are also welcome to join and deepen your knowledge of Gong teachings. All welcome.
Date & Time
Sunday, October 6th
1:30 – 5:30 pm
This training is fully booked. Please email SA Bliss to be put on a waitlist for future trainings: [email protected]
About the Teacher
S.A. Bliss (Amardeep) is a Journeywoman of Gong and holds a PhD in Education – Language, Culture, and Teaching. She is also a Kundalini & Restorative Yoga & Gong teacher. Her Gong Baths and Gong Trainings include a focus on integral aspects of sound, vibration, and silence for health and daily living.
She has travelled and taught in several countries including Germany, Japan, Korea, Croatia, India, China, the U.S. and Canada. Currently a post-doctoral fellow at University of Regina, in 2019-2020, she is working on a SSHRC-funded research project to query the social spaces, dynamic communities, and teachings of Gong Master Teachers. In 2021, she will curate a sound installation which will travel across universities in Canada.
She is elated more people are learning the way of Gong and she continues to learn from the Gong Consciousness teachings of Gong Master Don Conreaux. Her lineage of teachers includes Ramana Maharshi, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Yogi Bhajan, and Thich Nhat Hanh. When she is not teaching, researching, or playing gong, you can find her biking or walking the urban city scape.
Photo Credit: Dan Tracker