Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training
Next Training: February 2018
Sat Nam! We’re so excited you’re curious about Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in Toronto. Our next teacher program starts February 2018. Registration is not yet open, but full course details are below.
Master yourself and awaken your potential using the science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®. The Aquarian Teacher™ KRI Level One Teacher Training Program is for everyone, whether you would like to become a certified teacher or just wish to deepen your personal experience of Kundalini Yoga.
“The Kundalini teacher training with Sat Dharam Kaur inspired a kind of learning that is deeper and more lasting than any other spiritual or other training I’ve experienced. It manifests in surprising ways, and has given me a set of important touchstones that have helped me be more attentive to living purposefully, and brave in the face of ever-changing circumstances.”
“Truly the best course I have ever taken. When I started this course my intention was to enhance my Hatha and Ashtanga teaching practice. I never expected the benefits that would come from this course. Kundalini Yoga allowed me to build my nervous system which allowed vitality and energy to course through me. I know have more energy than I did when I was in my 20s. My body is now more flexible and youthful. This change is so obvious that many of my family and friends have asked, ‘What are you doing?’. I also am now able to enter to a state of peace at will within 10 mins. of practice. These practices work with everyone!”
“This year has been one of the best things I’ve ever experienced and I just wanted to say thank-you. I’m feeling very different since the course ended…just so grateful, lighter, happier. I find now if I’m crying it’s more because I’m just so in awe of how overwhelming and incredible God’s love is.”
This comprehensive 200 hour training includes in depth study of:
- Yoga Postures
- Sound and Mantra
- Breathing Exercises
- Patanjali’s Sutras
- Yogic Philosophy
- Western Anatomy
- Subtle Anatomy – Chakras and Ten Bodies
Benefits of the Program
- You will receive a thorough grounding on all the basics of Kundalini Yoga.
- The program is a blend of lecture, reading, and exercise to give you a powerful, deep experience.
- Personal guidance and feedback in key teaching skills will be given.
- You will be introduced to a network of people committed to self-improvement, healing and professional development.
- Receive professional certification that meets the requirements for the 200-hours Yoga Alliance membership, and internationally recognized certification with 3HO and IKYTA.
- Train with experienced, professional and knowledgeable yoga instructors.
- Excellent teaching materials are included in the cost of the course.
Reasons to take this Training
- These techniques provide you with a lifetime of benefits and tools that allow you to maintain your flexibility, balance your glands, tone your muscles, and switch your mood, state of mind and level of energy in a few minutes.
- The world is changing. Kundalini Yoga is a technology to raise our consciousness to a level where we can recognize our connectedness and live for one another.
- There is no better way to learn than to teach and share. An excellent way to master something is to practice it and teach it.
- The new millennium is here; leaders and teachers are needed and are in high demand. Kundalini Yoga will help give you the stamina, courage and insight to manifest your highest potential.
Date & Time
The training starts February 2018 and spans over 10 weekends (roughly once per month): Fridays 6:00 – 9:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. Exact dates are to be determined.
To fulfill the requirements for KRI Level 1 Kundalini Yoga Teacher Certification you must:
- Attend all scheduled weekend sessions (for unavoidable absence, the teacher training team will decide how and if a student can make-up missed classes).
- Do five Aquarian Sadhanas, a 4:30 – 6:30 am early morning practice (approximately 1 hour of yoga and postures plus 1 hour of beautiful, chanting meditations). Challenging and exquisite, it gives you victory and strength in your life.
- Attend one White Tantric Yoga course (one day). White Tantric is an exceptional experience, a full day meditation course that unloads the subconscious burden. One day courses generally cost from $110 to $150 US. This course fee is not covered in your teacher training tuition. Please check with your course administrator. See www.whitetantricyoga.com.
- Complete assigned 40-day yoga set/meditation.
- Have a passing grade on the written exam.
- Have satisfactory practicum presentation.
- Take 20 additional Kundalini Yoga classes during the duration of your training. These classes are not covered in the teacher training fee.
- Become an associate member in IKYTA (International Kundalini Yoga Teacher’s Association) – the cost of your first year membership is included in the teacher training fee. This membership will help you become known as a teacher, network with other teachers and keep you up to date with the quarterly teacher’s newsletter “Kundalini Rising”.
About the Teachers
Sat Dharam Kaur is a certified Kundalini Yoga Lead teacher trainer and instructor, author, and naturopathic doctor practicing in Owen Sound, Ontario. She has studied Kundalini Yoga with Yogi Bhajan since 1976 and has facilitated teacher training programs in Toronto, Owen Sound, Alberta, and New Mexico. Yogi Bhajan called Sat Dharam a “Teacher of teachers and Healer of healers.”
Sat Dharam has developed an addiction recovery program using Kundalini Yoga as well as a breast health yoga training, designed to help educate women in breast cancer prevention through Kundalini Yoga and lifestyle change. A featured teacher at the Toronto Yoga Show for many years, as well as the Vancouver Yoga Show and at Khalsa Women’s Camp in New Mexico, she has written several best selling books: A Call to Women: The Healthy Breast Program and Workbook, The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer, and The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Women’s Health. Sat Dharam is the original founder of our healing space at Lotus Yoga Centre and is the mother of our director Gurushabd. Read more at www.satdharamkaur.com.
Har-Prakash Khalsa Har-Prakash Khalsa has been teaching Kundalini Yoga and meditation since 1985. Beginning as a student of Zen meditation, Har-Prakash went on to become a certified Kundalini Yoga instructor and teacher of Mindfulness meditation in the algorithmic secular style of Shinzen Young (whom Har-Prakash has studied intensively with since 1999). Har-Prakash has also studied with Joshu Sasaki Roshi (Rinzai Zen) and Leah Brasington (Jhana teacher). He has participated in many inipi ceremonies (sweat lodges) with the native elder Vern Harper. Har-Prakash has a deep love for the finer points of the meditation process from various traditions, including the contemplative Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Sufi and Buddhist and scientific perspectives. He has an ongoing passion and gift for teaching how each contemplative approach fits within the human sensory system, and how meditation in any style can be deepened for yogis at any level.
Daya Kaur has been practicing Kundalini Yoga since 1996, teaching, and living a yogic lifestyle since 2002. Certified through KRI, IKYTA with additional training in Healthy Breast Program, KY for Addiction Recovery, Radiant Child, and Holistic Nutrition. She weaves the physical aspect and philosophy of yoga with a daily spiritual discipline, aware that these sacred teachings are still relevant today. Daya Kaur thrives on sharing this knowledge and guiding others on their personal path.