The experience of a traumatic event can result in a cruel sentence – the past replays itself, constantly hijacking one’s capacity to enjoy the present. The past cannot be fixed; we cannot go back and change what happened. The real trauma is that we lost the connection to ourselves – to our own curiosity, joy, aliveness, imagination, responsiveness and spirit.
Kundalini Yoga, breathing exercises and meditation are powerful tools to help us regain the connection to our spirit, find safety within the body, and foster aliveness, flexibility, body-mind integration and joy.
In this two-part workshop with Master Kundalini Yoga teacher Sat Dharam Kaur, you will learn to:
- calm the disturbing emotions and physical sensations that are still present from the past
- decrease physiological arousal by activating the vagus nerve
- turn down the volume of stress hormones
- become skillful in witnessing body sensations and emotional states
- develop a greater capacity to hold space for yourself, and to feel what’s there
- find a sense of freedom in your own body
- use techniques to replace overwhelm with peace
- reactivate your senses to feel, hear and see more keenly in the present
- move from numbness to aliveness
- rewrite the past to discover empowerment
- use your imagination to recreate your life
This workshop is now sold out. Join us for Sat Dharam Kaur’s next offering, the Joyous Heart Retreat, August 4th-8th, 2017.
Date & Time
Thursday July 6th
6:30 – 9:00 pm
About the Teacher
Yogi Bhajan called Sat Dharam Kaur a “teacher of teachers and healer of healers”. She is a certified Kundalini Yoga teacher trainer and instructor, author, and naturopathic doctor based in Owen Sound. She teaches Master Workshops and The Healthy Breast Program at Lotus Yoga Centre, and leads our Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training (the next one starts February 2016).
Sat Dharam began studying Kundalini Yoga with Yogi Bhajan in 1976 and has been teaching for over 35 years. She facilitates Kundalini Yoga teacher training programs across Canada and has developed Kundalini Yoga programs for addiction recovery and breast cancer prevention. A featured teacher at the Toronto Yoga Show for many years, as well as the Vancouver Yoga Show and at Khalsa Women’s Camp in New Mexico, she has written several best selling books including The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer and The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Women’s Health. Sat Dharam is also the original founder of our healing space at Lotus Yoga Centre and is the mother of our director Gurushabd. Read more at www.satdharamkaur.com.