Detoxify with the cycles of nature.
We invite you to join our 4th annual Fall Yoga Cleanse at Lotus Yoga Centre.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, there is an understanding of the relationship between the organs and the seasons. The fall is associated with the lungs, large intestine, skin, and colon. That makes the fall the best time of year to begin a detoxification program, because cleansing the colon is ideally done before any other organ in order to eliminate excess body waste.
The Fall Yoga Cleanse is a unique program taught by Gurushabd Khalsa and designed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND. The program uses Naturopathic Medicine, Kundalini Yoga, and dietary changes to facilitate detoxification and rejuvenation. We’ll meet for 5 morning yoga sessions, and you will be supported in making dietary changes at home for forty days to cleanse inside and out. Together, using yoga and food, we’ll cleanse our lungs, large intestine, colon, and skin. Beginners to Kundalini Yoga and cleansing are most welcome, all participants will be fully supported. Space is limited, make sure to register early.
Expect To Experience
- a clearer understanding of how food impacts your energy and moods
- weight loss
- clarity of mind
- decreased gas and bloating
- increased energy
- decreased food cravings
- diminished food allergies
- relief of joint pain
- elimination of Candida and parasites
- decreased cholesterol and decreased blood pressure
Overview of the Cleanse
There are two components to the Fall Yoga Cleanse – things we do in our morning classes, and a dietary cleanse that you will do at home. You will be fully supported in completing both.
In-Class Cleanse: Join us for 5 morning classes with yoga, meditation, tea, and educational sessions about the cleanse. The yoga exercises and meditations will cleanse the lungs, large intestine, and skin and help us to detoxify. We will focus on the following topics each day:
- Day 1 – increasing water and fiber intake to detox the bowel
- Day 2 – replacing alkaline minerals
- Day 3 – re-populating the bowel flora
- Day 4 – eliminating yeast and parasites
- Day 5 – hydrotherapy, skin brushing, and using the sauna to detoxify
Home Cleanse: Your at-home dietary changes are the most transformative aspect of the Fall Yoga Cleanse. We’ll support you with clear and simple instructions and an easy to understand manual that includes recipes. We start with a 5 day colon cleanse, consisting of smoothies, juices, alkaline broth soup, fibre drinks, tea, and plenty of water. The next 35 days of the Fall Yoga Cleanse diet focus on getting more beans and vegetables into your diet and cutting out dairy, wheat, and sugar.
Date & Time
Monday to Friday
October 17th to 21st
7:00 – 8:30 am
$140 Early Bird Price by October 7th
$160 Regular Price
Members and Previous Fall Cleansers: $90 Plus HST
- 5 morning classes of cleansing Kundalini Yoga, meditation, discussion, and tea
- Instructions and support in completing a 5 day bowel cleanse and a 35 day fall dietary cleanse
- Hardcopy of the Fall Yoga Cleanse manual with recipes, breathing exercises, yoga sets, and meditations for your home practice
- A month’s supply of our hand-crafted Fall Cleanse Tea (herbal)
- pH roll
About the Teacher
Born in Guru Ram Das ashram in Toronto, Gurushabd Khalsa is a true modern yogi, and grew up in a spiritual community of Kundalini Yogis, healers, teachers, and Sikhs. She spent a year studying at a yogic boarding school in India, became certified to teach Kundalini Yoga at the age of 17, and has over a decade of teaching experience.
Gurushabd teaches welcoming classes at Lotus Yoga Centre with a graceful spirit and a deep gratitude for whoever walks through the door. When she’s not teaching, Gurushabd is directing the studio and running the business side of things. In her down time, Gurushabd can be found biking around the city, playing ultimate frisbee, meditating, and hanging out with her husband Nash.